Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Chris Brown Speaks Out



"Since February, my attorney has advised me not to speak out, even though, ever since the incident, I wanted to publicly express my deepest regret and accept full responsibility," he says in a video posted on his YouTube page. "I felt it was time that you heard directly from me that I am sorry."

"I wish I had the chance to live those few moments again, but unfortunately I can't," he says. "What I did was inexcusable. I am very sad and very ashamed at what I've done. My mother and my spiritual leaders taught me better than that…No one is more disappointed in me than I am."

"I have sought and I am continuing to seek help to ensure that what occurred in February can never happen again," he says. "What I did was unacceptable. 100 percent. I can only ask and pray that you forgive me please. I hope that others learn from my mistake. I intend to live my life so that I am truly worthy of the term role model."