Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I Carry A Cross in My Pocket

I carry cross in my pocket
A simple reminder to me
Of the fact that I am a Christian
No matter where I maybe

This little cross i not magic
Nor is it a good luck charm
It isn't meant to protect me
From every physical harm

Its not for Identification
For all the world to see
Its simply an understanding
Between my savior and me

When I put my hand in my pocket
To bring out a coin or key
The cross is there to remind me
Of the price He paid for me


It reminds me too, to be thankful
For my blessings day by day
And to strive to serve him better
In all that I do or say

It's also a daily reminder
Of the peace and comfort I share
With all who know my master
and give themselves to his care

So I carry a cross in my pocket
Reminding no one bu me
That Jesus Christ is Lord of my life
If only I'll let him be.